Can you believe that Fairy Tale Week is already over? We’ve had so much fun sharing our favorite stories and crafts with you all, and we hope to do another themed week in the future. To finish off this fun week, we have an easy and cute craft for your dolls! Making fairy tale themed puppets may seem difficult, but as you can see below, Louisa and Nicki had such a blast putting on their own puppet show. If you make these (or an other Fairy Tale Week craft!), we would love to hear about your results! Anyways, onto the puppets! This post will show you how to make Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf, but the template can be easily adapted for other characters.
- Hot glue gun
- Embroidery thread
- Start by cutting out a half circle from tan felt.
- Fold it so it could be easily slipped on and off your doll’s and. Secure the two ends together with the hot glue gun.
- Cut out two front paws from the tan felt and glue onto the “body”.
- Cut out two equal sized curved in ovals from felt. Glue one to the back of the puppet and one to the front. Glue the edges together, so the pieces stand up straight.
- Cut out two rounded triangles for ears.
- Glue the ears to the edge of the head.
- Add details with embroidery thread and markers.
- You’re done!
Making Little Red Riding Hood is very similar, but instead of using one big half circle piece of felt, use one blue rectangle and a smaller red half circle piece for the cloak. Also, in place of making two head pieces, make one small circle in cream felt, and a slightly larger one in red so it looks like your figure is wearing a hood. Add details with extra felt, markers, and embroidery thread.
Lulu and Bella