Rainy Day Week has sadly come to an end, but not to worry! We have an adorable craft to finish it off. Since we have plenty of umbrellas for our 18-inch friends, we thought it would be a fun idea to one for shorter dolls like Hearts For Hearts girls or Hopscotch Hill dolls. It’s easy to make, and the results are oh-so cute, so let’s get started!
- Stiffened felt
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pipe Cleaners
- Ruler or Tape Measure
- Start by cutting out 8 triangles from stiffened felt that are 6 by 4 inches large. Next, fold the end of each triangle, so it leaves a small indent.
- Glue the triangles together in a circular shape, glueing the ends together so it folds like a cone.
- Glue a large pom-pom on top.
- Glue smaller pom-poms to the edge of each triangle.
- Twist two pipe cleaners together, and bend them at the end so they act like a handle.
- Glue the pipe cleaners to the middle of the umbrella top.
Lauryce loves her new umbrella! We think it matches her outfit perfectly :)
Lulu and Bella :)