When Bella first introduced the idea of Book Worm week, I knew right away that I wanted to do a post related to my favorite book series, The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani. After a bit of brainstorming, I ended up creating a School for Good and Evil themed bed for my EAH doll Kitty (who’s also a big SGE fan.) Not only is it super-duper easy to make, but you can also make the bed fit any of your (or you doll’s) favorite books. Let’s start, shall we?
- Balsa Wood
- Craft Paint (In colors that match your favorite book’s cover, of course!)
- Paint Brushes
- Tape (Optional)
- Hot Glue
- Craft Foam
- Printed Out Book Quote (Not Shown)
- Doll-sized books (optional)
1. Cut out your pieces from balsa wood. You’ll need two 2 by 10 inch rectangles, one 2 by 6 inch rectangle, two 3 by 10 inch rectangles, and two one by 6 inch rectangles.
2. Paint your pieces! Be sure to give them enough time to fully dry.
3. Cut out a 10 by 6 inch rectangle from craft foam.
4. Hot glue the two large pieces of balsa wood together to make the headboard.
5. Hot glue two smaller pieces of balsa wood to the headboard to make a shelf. Hot glue your printed out book quote to the headboard. (I used the rhyme that’s in the beginning of the first SGE book)
6. Hot glue the two long pieces of balsa wood to the headboard. Connect them with the smaller balsa wood piece to create your bed frame.
7. Apply hot glue to the edge of the craft foam rectangle. Press it down onto the bed frame.
8. Hot glue two pieces of balsa wood to the underside of the bed for extra support.
Be sure to send us pictures of your book-themed creations at dollmagblog(at)gmail(dot)com.
Have an awesome rest of your week!
Lulu and Kitty